Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

1.06.2011

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and God's Blessing!!

Merry Christmas!!!
It was amazing to wake up to a WHITE Christmas!! This was the first one for all of us! When it was being predicted that it would snow, I didn't believe that it would happen. I thought though that it would be so neat if we had a white Christmas for our "last" Christmas here in the states for a while. When Tucker yelled, "Mom, it is snowing!! We have a white Christmas!" I just began to cry!! What a gift that God gave us!!!

We had a great day opening gifts and spending time with family. There was a bitter sweetness that sort of hung over the day though. As we plan to move in June, this was the last Christmas to be here for a few years. It is hard to know that time with family is limited. Whether is it phone conversation with my (Dana) mom and grandparents, or dinner time with Bill's family, we know the reality of a time frame. Throughout the day words would be said that would spark emotions of this reality and tears would come. The kids began to count!! Before heading to bed I believe the count was six! I know that this could sound as if the day wasn't good, but really it was!! It was just different.

Happy New Year!!!!
Happy 2011!!! We had a great New Year's weekend! We were able to spend the weekend with Bill's family, 24 of us, in Pigeon Forge. This year will bring many new changes! Ellie will graduate from high school, Major will finish his last year of Elementary school, Tucker will become a teenager, Ellie will turn 18, and we will move to a new country!! Wow!!! This will be an exciting year!!

We would love to hear about your year and the exciting things in store for you!

God's Blessing!!
As we get ready to move and begin the journey that God has in store for us, we have been praying about the steps we need to take. We knew that one was to sell the Suburban. It was a hard decision to make since the Suburban was the main family car, and quite honestly we had emotional attachments to it. I posted on Facebook that we were going to sell it. We had a few people interested but at that time could not buy it. We had discussed taking it to Car Max knowing that we would only get trade in value for it. We thought about this a lot since it would just be done and we wouldn't have to worry about selling it and something happening with the car afterwards. Then, I had the idea to put it Craigslist. With a little hesitation Bill agreed and said we would give it a week! By God's doing it was sold in 3 days and in the new owner's hands in 3 more! We could not believe it! Not to mention that God gave us just a little under what we were asking! The twist is that we had no running car of our own now! Thankfully, Bill's parents have a van that we were able to drive. Then, God did the miraculous!! HE GAVE US A CAR!!!! Someone new of our need and provided us a car to drive until we move!! Not only did God provide a car, but He allowed it to be a Suburban!! I know this might not sound like a big deal, but trust me it is. You see, a Suburban was and has been my dream car. God allowed me to have one for a season and I am grateful. Then, it was time to follow God and give up my earthly possession. It was hard, I am not going to lie! I know it is just a car and means nothing in comparison to eternity, but I am made of flesh and it was hard! I am not sure why God allowed "a cherry on top" kind of moment only other than to say, "Dana, I love you!". God's mercy and grace has blown us away! God has been so good to us!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bill ~ Look forward to meeting you guys. Sounds like our lives are on parallel tracks. I adeeply appreciate where you guys are at...deeply! Where do you intend on serving and where are you guys currently located? Chattanooga?

    Curtis Brickley and Family

    ReplyDelete